* Generation Run organised Sunday Trail Runs will be starting up again on Sunday 16th December 2018 and will continue through to the 2019 Two Bays Trail Run event and beyond as often as possible. These will again be posted on the ‘Gen Run Community Club’ Facebook page and I will email information out to you also. These are for all abilities! Please bring hydration and nutrition as required – if you are unsure please don’t hesitate to ask. On many trails normal running shoes are fine, trail shoes may be worn but are not compulsory. Stay tuned for weekly updates on times, locations, and distances for these runs.
* Personalised Running Programs for Gen Run Squad Members are available from Coach Bec at a cost of $75.
I have always been adamant that I will only write programs for runners that I coach and see regularly. I do not write generic or online programs as I do not believe that this is ‘coaching’, and there is no better way to give yourself an injury than to follow someone else’s program! Writing programs takes time, a lot of it! In the past I have not charged members for programs, however I am becoming increasingly needed in this department and I want to be able to offer you all the best service possible.
Programs are tailored to the individual, built around individual lifestyles, daily routines, weekly training, and individual goals.
Depending on personal goals, training programs will be 8-12-week plans, and will include:
* Supplementary strength / cross-training advice and workouts
* In-depth spreadsheet outlining daily sessions: running, strength, cross-training, rest, and active recovery
* Frequent communication in regard to training sessions, injuries, race planning, goal-setting etc
* Initial one-on-one consult to go through all required information
* The peace of mind in knowing that a qualified and experienced coach who knows you personally and as an athlete is guiding your training
* Accountability and the assurance that your Gen Run Squad sessions will be relevant to your training goals
* Referrals to recommended and trusted health care professionals who partner with Generation Run
Whatever your goals!
Please contact me if you would like a Personalised Running Program designed for you 😁🏃♂️
CHRISTMAS WEEK TRAINING
• MONDAY 24TH DEC:
o Gen Run Squad’s ‘CHRISTMAS EVE TIME TRIAL EVENT’! Join the squad from 6PM (note earlier start-time) @ Croydon Athletics Track for a 3000m Track Time Trial event for all.
o We will be holding several heats, so you will be running with those of a similar pace to get your around in hopefully your fastest 3000m time for the year!
o Walkers and supporters are most welcome! 😁
o If you don’t fancy the time trial, no problems! Come along for a run anyway!
• TUESDAY 25TH DEC:
o Gen Run Squad ‘ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DAY EARLY-BIRD HILL CLIMB’! Get your run in before the Christmas Day celebrations heat up!
o At 7AM we meet at the bottom (York Rd entry) of Inverness Road in Mt Evelyn for an all-in run/walk to the top!
o Approximately 2.7km of wonderful uphill running to the Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd at Kalorama before a picturesque group photo and a recovery jaunt back down.
o Don’t miss this! It is honestly the BEST way to begin Christmas Day!!!❤️
• WEDNESDAY 26TH DEC:
o Gen Run Squad’s ‘BOXING DAY – RUN OFF THE PUDDING SESSION’! Meeting as usual for a 6:15AM training session @ Croydon Athletics Track. Please join us to get your speed session in before family and friends Boxing Day commitments.
• MONDAY 31ST DEC:
o ‘NYE COACHES SPECIAL BIRTHDAY SESSION’! Join the squad from 6PM (note earlier start-time) @ Croydon Athletics Track for a SECRET SESSION chosen by our birthday boy – Coach Steve!
o Come and celebrate his 35th birthday with a run dedicated to our SUPERMAN!
o There will be cake!!! 🎂 🍰
ALL OTHER SESSIONS REMAIN THE SAME!
WE DON’T STOP COACHING, SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO STOP RUNNING!
But wait! There’s more!!!…
JANUARY 2019 TRAINING SCHEDULE