Good Evening to you all!
News just in! Marg Clarke takes out another podium at the Sunset Series with a 2min PB at Princes Park this evening!!!
We hope that all our fabulous Sunset Series Gen Runners had a terrific evening at Princes Park and look forward to seeing your results and photos 😊
Well we started Gen Run Squad training this morning in the wet and windy conditions, and finished with Gen Run Juniors in sunshine and showers! As usual, an array of weather conditions in one day! Thank you Melbourne, ‘variety truly is the spice of life indeed’!
*Now; I have a few things to share here with everyone. We have some terrific workshops coming up and I urge you all to have a good look at them!
• Our March training schedule shall be out by this week’s end for you all to start planning ahead!
• This Sunday we have Warby Up & Running Fun Run and I look forward to seeing our team there for entrants in the 5km and 10km events!
• Monday next week (24th Feb) – we shall be inviting Kirstin Simpson from Health Systems Go, Kilsyth; who will be presenting at our Monday Night Strength Session for 20mins from 6:25PM (after 25mins of a Coach Bec led session from 6PM).
o Topics that will be covered:
*Improving forwards propulsion and take off during gait – 1 exercise
*Glute stability during single leg stance (running) – 2 exercises
*Big Toe and lesser toe Mobility – 2 exercises
• PLEASE DON’T MISS THIS!
• EVERYONE WELCOME & ENCOURAGED
• Kirstin is also holding a workshop on Wednesday 4th March which I shall be attending, and encourage you all to book and come along too also.
Please see the details below and go ahead to make your booking:
👉 INJURY PREVENTION & MOBILITY WORKSHOP 🧠
• ▪︎Targeted training in the foot & hip communication link
• ▪︎Increase jumping & forward propulsion power
• ▪︎Increase toe off & foot strength
• ▪︎Improved barefoot stability & balance
• ▪︎Overuse & sports injury prevention
• ▪︎Shoe Education from a barefoot Podiatrist
• Wednesday 4th March
• 7:45pm | $15 pp
• 📍26/172 Canterbury Rd Bayswater
• ➡️ Book online if you are a compound member
• ☎️ DM or Ph: Kirstin 0407760616
Now; a few words from Gen Run Squad member and One Family At A Time founder, Jenny!
As you may be aware I have recently started Jenny Jackson Consulting and am launching (with you!) my first workshop.
The workshop is entitled “Ama La Vita – Love Life” and the topic is dear to us all – Building sustainable personal and professional wellbeing. This workshop will be the first in what I hope to make a series.
My website is currently under development and I will be keen to share it with you soon!
If you are interested in coming along, please let me know. If you know of friends or work colleagues who might benefit from coming along, please send the attached flier to them.
I am also available to conduct this workshop with work groups on-site and would be pleased to discuss this separately.
I look forward to catching up with you soon,
We are a trusted boutique service for people of all abilities. We love challenging the concept of what you can achieve. If you have a dream, we can help you achieve it.
This new initiative hosts personalised, and unique group days out. Liz (the founder); has invited the Gen Run Squad to have a private group experience of our very own! We can tailor it to what YOU want! There will be limited places – approx. 10 persons, and I am after expressions of interest! I encourage you to visit the social media pages (links here: http://www.instagram.com/mysupporthub http://www.facebook.com/mysupporthub) for further information.
For example: This up-coming group experience/ outing is to be held on March 21st!
• Explore the ancient Gondwana Forests at Toolangi State Forest. Beautiful glistening creek walk amongst the tree ferns and gigantic Mountain Ash trees. Afterwards, we lunch together at The Singing Gardens and enjoy the sculpture trails. A sensory experience for everyone.
• Please send me your interest, feedback, and ideas on what we could do together!
Stay tuned for info regarding the: Labour Day Public Holiday on Monday 9th March for a special MORNING squad session and BRUNCH together!
HAPPY RUNNING TO YOU!
Bec Rosel : Founder and Head Coach